[WG: Sakai QA] [sakai2-tcc] Sakai CLE 2.9.0 is released for GA (general availability)

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Nov 14 09:37:08 PST 2012

Congrats and a big THANK YOU to everyone who worked to make this happen!

Josh

-----------------------------
Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron

From:   Neal Caidin <nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org>
To:     sakai-dev sakai <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>, Sakai QA
<sakai-qa at collab.sakaiproject.org>,
cle-release-team at collab.sakaiproject.org,
sakai2-tcc at collab.sakaiproject.org,
Date:   11/14/2012 12:05 PM
Subject:        [sakai2-tcc] Sakai CLE 2.9.0 is released for GA (general
  availability)
Sent by:        sakai2-tcc-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org

Hi All,

I am pleased to announce, on behalf of the community, the release of Sakai
CLE 2.9.0 (thanks to many of you directly).

I've posted the general announcement of the release of Sakai CLE 2.9.0 to
the announcements, production, and pedagogy lists. This is a repeat of
that announcement plus a few more technical details for our qa and
development communities.

For 2.9.0 download links please see -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2.9.0/

For source code -
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.9.0/

Please keep checking the release notes -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+CLE+2.9+release+notes
. The Sys Admin guide has not yet been updated. Over the next several
weeks we plan to update this guide and add information on performance
tuning through caching and database settings, and how to host uploaded
content material on a separate domain, a new configuration option. We also
anticipate more load testing over the next month which may lead to
additional performance tuning suggestions.

As you probably already know, we have also started planning the 2.9.1
release, targeted for December, and the 2.9.2 release targeted for Spring
2013.

General Release Announcement
The Sakai CLE 2.9.0 builds on previous releases by refining and
stabilizing the 2.x feature set. It offers dozens of new features and
improvements to key areas like accessibility, internationalization,
performance, and security.

Sakai CLE 2.9.0 sports a new updated interface with a beautiful new skin
and improved efficiency for users, for example by reducing the number of
mouse clicks on common operations in the portal. The Lessons tool,
formerly known as Lesson Builder, is now a core Sakai tool. Many new
features have been added and detailed release notes are posted at
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+CLE+2.9+release+notes

Thanks to all in the worldwide community for your contribution to the
development, testing, and documenting of the release.

Best Regards,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin