[WG: Sakai QA] 2.9.0 Release Candidate 03 - Test Fest coming soon

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Nov 2 10:22:23 PDT 2012

Release candidate 03 should be out sometime today.

In parallel with our testing effort, 2.9.0-rc03 (Release candidate 3) will be evaluated for suitability of final release by the TCC (Technical Coordination Committee). This means if the TCC approves and if RC03 testing goes well,  it will be re-cut as release 2.9.0 GA (production). If we find significant issues or if TCC does not approve, then we will be looking at the gap of what is needed to get to production and plan an RC04.

Please help test if you can.

Plan Overview
-------------------------------
* Test, as soon as RC03 is available (later today), through Wednesday, November 7 at 5 pm Eastern, 10 pm GMT
* Feel free to add suggestions for what should be tested on the "Areas of Focus" tab on the Google doc (pointed to by the bit.ly address below). This could be tools or specific features. The "Areas of Focus" is a community feedback space. Testing of specific tools is also welcome ("Tool Testing" on the Google doc). This is a full regression test, not much focus on Jiras (fixed issues).
* QA team check in by phone on the last day of testing, Wednesday at 8 am Eastern, 1 pm GMT (details available on information links). The purpose is to identify how testing is going and if there are any gaps that need to be filled before testing is complete.
*  No Adobe Connect session. Instead email - sakai-qa at collab.sakaproject.org with your questions

Information links
-------------------------------
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/2.9+Test+Fest
https://bit.ly/rc03testfest

-- These two information links contain a lot of overlapping information (redundancy). The bit.ly address points to a Google doc where you will mostly be working from, for the actual testing, along with the QA server, and Jira, of course.

Please let me know if you have questions or suggestions. My availability next week will be limited but I'll be monitoring as best as I can.

Thanks,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org