[WG: Sakai QA] 2.9 Feature list

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Oct 27 12:47:44 PDT 2011

Hi Rob,

I am attaching an export from JIRA containing relevant 2.9 permissions.
 Here is a personal list of items that I think need testing emphasis:

1) Gradebook
   a) Drop highest / drop lowest
   b) Internationalization: set your language to ES in a course and update
grades; go to Assignments and update a grad to "7,3" and see if it comes
into gradebook
   c) Generate PDF from gradebook
   d) Test with students with really long names

2) Internationalization
   a) Set your course language to ES (new feature in Site Info)
   b) Look for dates and number entry that may not be internationalized
      i) Enter your numbers like they do in ES, "7,3" instead of 7.3

3) neoportal and new chat
    a) User testing for now
    b) Known issues with IE7 and below.  What about other browsers?

4) New trunk tools
    a) Mailsender
    b) Lesson Builder

5) Announcements
   a) Several regressions in 2.8
   b) Test delayed announcement email delivery
   c) Test reordering of announcements

6) Tests & Quizzes
   a) Several regressions in 2.8 related to the new Quick Publish (bypass
Settings)
       i) Bypass settings and publish, then duplicate that assessment
   b) Respondus Lockdown Browser is now an option
       i) We may need someone to reach out to Respondus to see if we can get
a license to test this
   c) Testing Respondus IMS-QTI imports

 7) Site Manage
    a) Import from Site and Duplicate Site rarely receive testing