[WG: Sakai QA] [cle-release-team] CLE Release Team Call, Thursday, October 27, 10am EDT

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Wed Oct 26 11:40:44 PDT 2011

Two more items for tomorrow's agenda is the following two kernel patches from Steve Githens that have languished without resolution:

KERNEL https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-631
Dec 2010.  The webdav URL's offer the same exploit potentials as KNL-200, although the user would potentially need to authenticate again with basic auth (native browser popup).  Patch from Githens that checks if there is a user agent and whether or not it belongs to a class of browsers that load Javascript, Flash, etc.; if true then redirect to /access/content which has security measures to deal with such things.
Not implemented, yet.  Has this fix been tested and implemented at IU?

KERNEL https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-640
Jan 2011.  Patch permitting the ability to host content hosting resources on a different domain. It is flagged as a security issue, because it exposes a hole still currently in production all over the place, and it meant to mitigate XSS exploits.  In production at IU.  See Githen’s email for more info:

- Beth