[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 2.9.0 Alpha 1 tag available

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Oct 20 06:52:57 PDT 2011

The Sakai 2.9.0 Alpha 1 tag is now available for testing:

  https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.9.0-a01/

2.9.0A01 increases the number of indie tools and features a smaller core
build. Here is the SVN externals:

  https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.9.0-a01/.externals

QA can commence against QA3-US, an upgraded 2.8.1 instance:

  http://qa3-us.sakaiproject.org:8086/portal

QA admins, can you respond with a brief note indicating whether you will be
upgrading your QA instances to the 2.9 tags?

We expect the 2.9.0 alpha 02 tag to be released in three weeks.

Note that the alpha tags are being built directly off of trunk and not off a
2.9.x branch.  This also means that any large developments aimed for Sakai
2.10 should be done in a branch and not in trunk.

Finally, a special thanks to another 2-in-the-morning effort from Anthony
Whyte to help the CLE team build this release.  We are still getting up to
speed on releasing, branching, and tagging the large CLE codebase.  We're
also finally realizing just how much Anthony has provided the CLE community
for the past several years.  Thanks Anthony.

--Sam