[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 2.9.0A02 available for deployment

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Nov 17 10:59:15 PST 2011

Per this morning's CLE Release Team call, we are designating the latest
nightly build as our Alpha 02 tag ready for deployment to all available QA
servers.

The tarball is available here:

  http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2.9.0-a02/

This is a demo build so you should be able to deploy immediately to a fresh
server.  If you are updating an existing server, you should be able to
unroll it over your current deployment build by stripping out the first
directory:

  tar --strip-components=1 -xzvf
sakai-nightly_bin_11172011-1216-r100815.tar.gz

You may want to preserve your current (working) conf/server.xml,
conf/catalina.properties, and other customizations before unrolling the tar.

https://qa29.longsight.com/portal/ is now running 2.9.0A02 (upgraded from
2.9.0A01, same database).  Server is MySQL 5.1, Tomcat 7.0, Linux.

If you have any problems with your classloading (immediate problems in
catalina.out), you may want to check out conf/catalina.properties as
described in
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Install+Tomcat+7

--Sam