[WG: Sakai QA] 2.9 Feature list

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Nov 4 10:10:23 PDT 2011

Yea, except it looks like Leopard (10.5) can't upgrade to Safari 5.1 (it's
stuck on 5.0.x) while Snow Leopard and Lion share the same version (5.1.x).

So it's really about if we are still supporting Leopard (I'm typing this
from an OSX running Leopard, but in Chrome)

Currently at Michigan, 25% of our Mac users are still on Leopard (which is
~10% of overall traffic). This is as much as all IE8 and IE7 users combined.

So maybe saying these should be 'supported'
Chrome (current)
Firefox (current) (Is there a need for 3.6?)
Safari (5.1.x current) (5.0.x n-1)
IE9, IE8, IE7 (for now, though IE7 will definitely not function with portal
chat and possible some other optional features)

I'd guess, mobile *should* work with current (iOS5, Android 2.3 (current
phone version))

Hopefully Android and iOS will eventually get on a 'auto-update' plan for
the browsers too.

-Matthew