[WG: Sakai QA] 2.9 Feature list

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Nov 3 08:30:59 PDT 2011

I think with CKEditor being the default editor there is going to be a lot
less things to worry about han there was before CKEditor was in.

For anyone still wanting to use FCKEditor, this option is the only thing
they can do and that should be mentioned in the notes. I'd vote for
modifying trunk to remove the IE flag. (I believe I made it so if you
remove the property then no value is set. Either that or just bump it up to
IE9 so IE10 doesn't come out in a few months and break us. ;)

sakai.X-UA-Compatible=IE=EmulateIE9

Removing the JAVA_OPTS as Aaron suggested on the call today would for sure
break half of the tools, so I think there should be some commitment of
effort and at least some initial work made on fixing the obvious errors
(that come up when you go into the tool and do simple actions) on a local
machine before every tool is broken on nightly because of this. From the MT
list Horwitz started working on some of this, but from the thread it seemed
like there were tons of them and a lot of work involved.

Not all developers can commit against to every tool, and most of the tools
have no owner.(maintenance team)