[WG: Sakai QA] sakai-2.8.0-rc03 now available

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Mar 22 09:29:11 PDT 2011

The sakai-2.8.0-rc03 release candidate is now available.  It includes all fixes merged to the 2.8.x branch as of r90342 as well as fixes made to core Indie tools as of late yesterday. QA server admins should provision their 2.8 QA servers as quickly as possible so that QA can review the tag.

TAG

svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.8.0-rc03/

SERVLET CONTAINER: TOMCAT 5.5.33

Please deploy this tag to Tomcat 5.5.33: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi

DEMO

The sakai-2.8.0-rc03 demo *.zip/tar.gz archives include Tomcat 5.5.33.

cd sakai-2.8.0-rc03
mvn -Ppack-demo install

Generated demo archives will be found here: sakai-2.8.0-rc03/pack/pack-demo

KNOWN ISSUES

1.  2x open blockers: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12708

2. Supplementary "CREATE INDEX" conversion scripts for tools using Hibernate: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20005

Hibernate 3.2.7.ga stubbornly refuses to generate defined indexes for auto-generated (auto.ddl=true) 2.8.0 databases.  This is not new to 2.8.  Seth and I have also noticed instances where Hibernate also ignores column NOT NULL attributes.  I've created supplementary conversion scripts that will include at a minimum the missing index statements.  However, not all tools have been fully audited yet.

3. Conversion scripts: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19088

The MySQL conversion scripts require a final round of testing.

4. Deprecate and/or remove WAS project and Db2 scripts:  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20243

Currently the Websphere/DB2 option for the Sakai CLE 2.8.0 is unsupported.  I expect that this code will be declared deprecated for 2.8.0.

TAG INFO (Indie versions, 2.8 team leads).

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/sakai-2.8.0-rc03/

NEXT TAG / RELEASE DATE

Barring any last minute delays the plan remains to cut the final sakai-2.8.0 release between 28-31 March 2011.

Cheers,

Anthony