[WG: Sakai QA] Maintenance alert: Jira/Confluence upgrade, Friday, 22/23 July 2011, 10 PM - 2 AM PDT

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Jun 28 05:16:05 PDT 2011

Both Jira and Confluence will be upgraded on Friday/Saturday, 22/23 July 2011, commencing at 10 PM PDT, in order to leverage security fixes and a number of new features.  The maintenance window is 4 hours (although it is anticipated that the work will be completed within a couple of hours).  During the upgrade both Jira and Confluence will be unavailable.

Jira 4.2.2 --> Jira 4.3.4

Release notes: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+4.3+Release+Notes

Confluence 3.4.6 --> 3.5.6

Release notes: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+3.5+Release+Notes

There are a number of improvements in the area of Jira/Confluence integration that may also prove useful.

http://blogs.atlassian.com/jira/2011/03/jira-43-integration-with-confluence-wiki.html

If the timing of this upgrade impacts your work in a serious way please contact me and we can discuss scheduling the upgrade at a later date.

Cheers,

Anthony