[WG: Sakai QA] Problems with Citations Helper in trunk

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Wed Jul 27 09:53:57 PDT 2011

Hi,

I just tried creating a Citations List on http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082/portal/.  Some parts of the Citations Helper fail.  I suspect the problem is in the Velocity tool dispatching code, which might be in kernel now.  The Citations Helper has many places where requests need to be handled by do-methods.  Some of those methods are from form submissions in which a parameter named "sakai-action" indicates which method should be called to handle the action.  That does not seem to be happening.

I am hoping for help with a couple questions:

	1) Has the citations helper been QA'd for Sakai 2.8? Is it working OK there?

	2) Has someone recently made changes in the Velocity tool code that might have broken citations (and possibly other Velocity tools)?

I will start trying to answer the second question.

Thanks.

Jim