[WG: Sakai QA] 2x RM/MT combined call, Thursday, 17 Feb 2011, 10 AM EST

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Feb 16 12:43:35 PST 2011

A couple weeks ago I suggested to my maintenance team colleagues that we resurrect the dormant MT call and combine it with the release management calls.  No objections were raised to the proposal.

Natural affinities exist between release management and the maintenance team (as well as personnel overlap).  Bug triaging sessions, a not infrequent RM task, would benefit from the input of MT members and I expect there will be opportunities on these calls to work out strategies for tackling 2x blockers that are currently impeding the sakai-2.8.0 release.

As always, those with an interest in the Sakai CLE (2x) are welcome on the calls.

Cheers,

Anth

Telephone: +1 812 856 7060
Polycom or Lifesize: 156.56.240.100##22X
Tandberg or XMeeting: 22X at 156.56.240.100
GDS E.164: 0011439X

Conference Code: 22348#
PIN: 72524

Items on this call's agenda include:

1. QA update re: sakai-2.8.0-b05 tag and Functional testing efforts  (next tag: 22/23 February 2011)

2.  Triage of open 2x blocker tickets

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12708

3.  Triage of open 2x critical tickets (if time permits)

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12709

4. Review of the 2.8 release timeline and likely alternative proposed by A. Whyte on the TCC list.

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai2-tcc/2011-February/000887.html

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai2-tcc/2011-January/000827.html

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+2.8+Release+Schedule

5.  2.7.2 maintenance release; 2.6.4 maintenance release?

6.  Call time.  10 am EST (EDT during the summer) is the traditional time for the RM call; which is rather early for those on the west coast of the US though not so early for those in Europe and South Africa and dreadfully late for anyone in Australia.  We can talk about alternative times as well as alternative means of communication on tomorrow's call.

Canberra 2:00 am
Los Angeles 7:00 am
Phoenix 8:00 am
NYC 10 am