[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 2.9 Release Schedule Posted

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Thu Aug 25 09:21:23 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

   I'd like to announce the Sakai CLE 2.9 Release Schedule has been voted & approved by the TCC and is posted at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/VIiCB with the Code Freeze scheduled for September 20th. The Sakai CLE 2.9 release will contain many new enhancements, including:

	• MailSender tool was proposed for the 2.9 release as a drop in replacement for the deprecated Mailtool, as a core tool. The mailsender is currently a contrib tool and would need to be migrated to the Sakai repository in order to be included in the Sakai 2.9 release.
	• Lesson Builder will be included in the 2.9 release as a provisional (stealthed) tool (http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/LSNBLDR-11)
	• Enhancement for soft delete of sites & resources
	• The 2.9 "NewPortal" (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19813) will be the default portal for 2.9 (excluding the new chat, until/unless load tested)

   The Sakai CLE 2.9 release will also include several infrastructure changes:
	• Recommended version of MySQL is minimally 5.1
	• Recommended JDK is minimally 1.6
	• Required upgrade to Tomcat 7 (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18760) & JSF 1.2

   As the release ramps up, we will look forward to the community's continued support in making this a robust and feature-rich release.

Thanks,
- Beth

(sorry for the cross-postings)