[WG: Sakai QA] QA2-US status

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Sep 7 12:45:10 PDT 2010

Same for QA5 & QA6 (currently unavailable). QA5 had a drive crash last week,
and was a 2.5 QA (which isn't necessary anymore) QA6 really was never even a
real QA in the past. (More like an experimental QA)

I'm not sure what these will be going forward, we seem to have a lot of
active QA's now.

Most likely (Have to discuss with PM):
- The machine QA6 (Windows Server 2008) will be upgraded to a 2.7 QA server
for Windows/Mysql. (Which we don't have)
- The machine QA5 (Linux/Oracle) will have a database drop and brought up as
a local semi-nightly trunk/experimental with Big Blue Button, Gradebook2 and
a few other contrib tools on Oracle.

If this happens the 'qaX' domain name should probably be dropped, or I can
just locally redirect it to nothing. Is Anthony still the managing these?

I wouldn't expect this for at least another week or so.

I'm also still working with Alan to have a better page of consolidated QA
information, that project was almost finished (just need to put a war onto
every QA server). Should pick that up again.

-Matthew