[WG: Sakai QA] How to flag JIRA items in indie projects as affecting the release?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 16:45:00 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a query about how to flag an item that is part of an indie project, and has it's own JIRA project, as affecting the main Sakai release? For instance, version 1.2.3 of project A has a bug and no one has fixed it yet. That version is the one that is currently included in, say 2.7.0, so is an issue in the 2.7.0 release. How is this going to get picked up as an issue affecting 2.7.0?

I think we'll need to clone the indie issue to a SAK issue, and flag it as affecting a version of Sakai, with a note and a link to the original issue in the other JIRA project.

WDYT?

cheers,
Steve