[WG: Sakai QA] RM call: 2.7 Jira open tickets review (non-security); proposed dates/times

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Fri Mar 26 09:39:29 PDT 2010

As discussed in yesterday's release management meeting I have reserved a number of call-in time slots next week for the purpose of reviewing open 2.7-related Jira tickets.   In line with our previous 2.6.2/2.5.6 review the goal of the calls is to triage the list of non-security open/resolved Jiras (including Indie projects), identifying those issues that must be addressed for 2.7.0 against those that can be pushed off to future maintenance releases (e.g., 2.7.1, 2.7.2).

Once the list of "must-haves" have been compiled, dissenting opinions can be taken to the lists for discussion and debate.  After the "must-haves" have been addressed we should be able to issue our first sakai-2.7.0-rc01 release candidate.

OPEN TICKETS

Currently, there 260+ open 2.7-related Sakai project Jira tickets as well as another 280+ open tickets--not all 2.7-related--spread across the various independent releases (not counting the kernel).  The spread of blocker/criticals (n=61) is as follows:

Sakai blocker, critical = 45
Kernel blocker, critical = 9
Samigo blocker, critical = 5
Msgcntr critical = 1
Profile2 critical = 1
Sitestats blocker, critical = 0
BasicLTI blocker, critical = 0

There may be other tickets beyond those flagged as blocker/critical that need to be assessed for 2.7.0 inclusion/exclusion (e.g., i18n or accessibility-related issues or tickets mis-prioritized).  It would be helpful if community members with an interest in these areas also make time to attend one or more of the calls.

OPEN MEETING

The discussion is open to anyone in the Community interested in helping triage the issues.  However, given the open nature of the discussion, security-related tickets will NOT be discussed (if security issues exist they will be handled by the Security WG).

CALL IN DATES/TIMES (PROPOSED)

I've extended next Thursday's RM call for an additional hour.  In addition I've reserved a 2 hour time slot on Friday.  These times work well for RM regulars such as David Horwitz, Seth Theriault and Alan Berg.

Thur, 1 April, 10 AM - NOON EDT, Sakai-001 bridge (regular RM call extended for two hours)
Fri, 2 April, 10 AM - Noon EDT, Sakai-003 bridge

OTHER TIMES

If the proposed Thurs/Friday time slots proves problematic for you, I have also reserved the Sakai-003 bridge on Tuesday and Wednesday.

30 Mar, Tues: 10 - Noon EDT, Sakai-003 bridge
31 Mar, Wed: 10 - Noon EDT, Sakai-003 bridge

If you plan to attend and have a call in time preference, please let me know.  If none of these times work for you and there are non-security-related tickets that you want to highlight for inclusion in 2.7.0 we can discuss them online.

I will follow up with a final date/time announcement along with a Confluence page with links to outstanding Jira tickets.

Cheers,

Anth