[WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] sakai-2.7.0-b06 now available

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Mar 24 17:32:30 PDT 2010

A Tomcat provisioned with an earlier version of Sakai is rather feral in nature and liable to cause trouble if you try to deploy a new version of Sakai to it.

I would write a build script that backs up your existing Tomcat and then replaces it with a fresh instance of Tomcat that is pre-provisioned with your "stock" sakai.properties, setenv.sh, server.xml (e.g., URIEncoding="UTF-8"), /ROOT/index.html, the MySQL connector jar (in /shared/lib) etc. and also deletes the sample Tomcat webapps (e.g., /balancer, /jsp-examples, 'servlets-examples, /tomcat-docs, /webdav).

Once your Tomcat is clean, deploy your new Sakai build, either OOTB or including contrib projects like Melete or local tools that you might write.

I'll dig up my Tomcat refresh script and send it to you.

Cheers,

Anth