[WG: Sakai QA] QA staus 2.7

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Sun Mar 14 11:28:38 PDT 2010

Hi all,

If you have made any patches that need to go into beta 5 which is to be tagged around next Friday then please tick the merge to 2.7.x box in the relevant Jira. If you have an indie you are managing your own merging, please make sure you surface your changes in the next beta.

I will be bringing up a 2.7.x server once a working day at qa1-nl.sakaiproject.org:8080 feel free to ask me to test any well defined change early before the next QA tag, that is if it helps you to patch further.

The Samigo team requests support in testing their excellent tool. If any tester has time and finds any new issue please Jira and contact the Samigo team directly, CC'ing me as well. I believe that the Samigo team are working on around 70 open issues, so the more QA effort, the happier our customers later.

Message Center is also going through a quick cycle of patching thanks to Bryan Holladays efforts.  I look forward to Nicola Monat-Jacobs reviewing the changes on qa1-nl in the coming days.

David Roldan has updated numerous Spanish related properties files in the last week which will please many tens to hundreds of thousands of Spanish students in the coming year.

Gonzalo has been doing yeoman's labour fixing accessibility bugs for Sakai 2.7, a number of patches have already been merged by Anthony Whyte and the majority of the rest are getting tested and reviewed this week by the likes of Eli Cochran.

The Maintenance team are consistently eating up issues on top of giving depreciation advice. If you are a developer and have time to patch, this is where the poker game is playing tonight.

Finally to the Rutgers and Marist teams, please can you update the testing page, so that your testing is visible to the community as a whole. If any team has any comments on their testing of Samigo can they please get in direct contact and again CC me.

Thank you all for your efforts,

Alan

Alan Berg
Interim QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance
Group Education and Research Services
Central Computer Services
University of Amsterdam