[WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] Release Management Call, Thurs 11 March 2010 (recommending cancellation for this week)

David Haines dlhaines at umich.edu
Fri Mar 12 12:42:30 PST 2010

We are in agreement except that I don't think it is safe to have any code in the release that doesn't have someone identified as being responsible for fixes.  It's really unhealthy for a release to contain code that everybody thinks is someone else's responsibility to fix.  I expect that most of the time there would be volunteers to deal with issues during depreciation.  Perhaps this is covered by the charter of the Maintenance Team. But if nobody bears responsibility then the code just shouldn't be in the release.

- Dave

David Haines
CTools Developer
Digital Media Commons