[WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] Release Management Call, Thurs 11 March 2010 (recommending cancellation for this week)

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Thu Mar 11 08:20:29 PST 2010

Hi fellow hard workers,

>At this point it may make sense to get hard headed and say that 2.7 will be released as is.  Only blockers will be addressed and to be a blocker an problem has to be a defect in existing code that is serious enough to prevent people from using the release.

As always David is talking commonsense. To those of you that have time or manage resources. We have clearly defined issues in well written Jira's with clear coding objectives. Isn't this the time to surge resources so we can go to release with the best we can. I think we should aspire to eat as many critical Jira's as possible on top of the blockers.

Alan

Alan Berg
Interim QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance
Group Education and Research Services
Central Computer Services
University of Amsterdam