[WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] 2x, JIRA use: When should maintenance branch should be in Fix Version/s?

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Thu Jul 8 09:21:50 PDT 2010

So, I might alter my suggestion to say that we mark the earliest known version as Affects on a branch, in this case 2.6.0 (but as you say, in the case of regressions, it could be anywhere). I don't especially take anything but frustration from lots of versions being marked, but that could be personal.

Also, there are some triage concerns, where people reporting often only know the version they are on. How do we know whether an issue has been tracked as far forward or backward in time as needed by folks who have the technical abilities to do so? Comments don't work for filters.

I don't necessarily want to rekindle the whole conversation of ticket states, fields, and workflow, but do want to point out that we could still stand to polish our processes.

Thanks,
-Noah