[WG: Sakai QA] 2x, JIRA use: When should maintenance branch should be in Fix Version/s?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 04:32:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

I think this is a historical legacy of how maintenance releases were performed. Previously, maintenance releases were taken not as a snapshot of the maintenance branch, but selected JIRA items:
ie SAK123 and SAK-456 are going into 2.6.3 but SAK-789 isn't.

Now I believe we are just taking snapshots of the branch to cut a tag:
ie whatever is in 2.6.x at t point in time goes into 2.6.3.

I argued for this approach at Boston because it makes sense on a stable branch.

So setting the fix version to 2.6.x is misleading, it should be the next upcoming version that will be taken from that branch eg 2.6.3 [Tentative].

So +1

cheers,
Steve