[WG: Sakai QA] [WG: Security] Recent Tomcat 5.5 security fixes

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Jan 13 13:55:37 PST 2010

I believe that, as you've noticed, SSL can make a difference when testing
webdav. Most production instances have SSL enabled but none of the QA
servers do. I'd mentioned this to someone (Pete?) a while ago and don't know
if anything happened to it. Minimally we should have at least 1 QA with an
SSL cert so that we can test this. I think they're around $20 a year.
Ideally we would get a wildcard for *.sakaiproject.org and get them all
secured, but these are around $150/year.

Self signed certs are also an option but that might be more time than it's
worth. Testers testing it on dav typically would need to add the authority
to their trust on Windows and it can make selenium scripting more difficult
in the current version.

-Matthew