[WG: Sakai QA] 2.7.0 update: 2.7.0-b01 (beta); 2.7.x branch manager(s) wanted

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Fri Jan 8 05:40:29 PST 2010

JIRA VERSION UPDATE

Given that the 2.7.x branch is feature frozen along with all 2.7-
related projects on an independent release track (e.g., Profile2,
Samigo, Sitestats et al) I've updated the Jira 2.7.0 milestone M3
version to 2.7.0-b01 (beta 01).

IMPACT ON DEVELOPERS AND QA TESTERS

None.  All Jira issues with a fix version of 2.7.0-M3 have been
updated to 2.7.0-b01.  If an issue has an affects version of 2.7.0-M2
and you want to target a fix for the next tag choose 2.7.0-b01.

2.7.0-b01 TAG DATE

I expect to provide a sakai-2.7.0-b01 tag for QA no later than the
middle of next week (12-14 January 2010).

HELP WANTED

With Steve Swinsburg joining the maintenance team we have an opening
for one or more volunteer 2.7.x branch managers to assist with 2.7
branch management.  We are looking for a commitment for at least the
first quarter of 2010. A longer commitment in support of 2.7
maintenance releases would be appreciated.

Time commitment
3-5 hrs/week (Q1 2010); 1-3 hrs/week (Q2-Q4 2010)

Technical skills:
1. SVN experience, especially merging/reverting between trunk and
branch; ability to apply contributed patches also required.
2. Sufficient proficiency in Java and Sakai development practices/
patterns to be able to review quickly a patch or commit prior to a
merge.
3. General knowledge of Sakai UI frameworks (JSF, RSF, Velocity,
Wicket) is a plus; after all we have to merge this code too.
4. Knowledge of Sakai Jira practices a plus.

Other intangibles:

1.  Ability to work effectively in solo mode as well as in a team
environment.
2.  Ability to react quickly to changing circumstances.
3.  A friendly, helpful disposition.

If you can help drop me a note.

Cheers,

Anth