[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 2.6.2 update (artifact testing)

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Feb 1 10:58:00 PST 2010

Anthony, tested from downloaded .zip files on 02/01/2010 on qa6 (Windows
Server 2008) the artifacts for:

Demo: sakai-demo-2.6.2.zip
Just clicked the bat file and waited for it to start. Logged in and clicked
around, no issues noted. The log files are not updated for sakai-demo in
windows but this is an old known issue. Perhaps we should modify the default
log4j so that this works, but it's not a big deal. [1]

If you place a modified log4j.properties in the common/classes directory
with the RollingFileAppender then it will write to the file. I'd forgotten
how to do it even though I'd posted a few times about it before. [2]

Binary: sakai-bin-2.6.2.zip
Uncompressed into empty and started as a service under tomcat 5.5.27 + iis
connector. Connected to empty database in mysql 5.1.31. Logged in and
clicked around, no issues noted with the UI.

As a side note: I did get some ERROR's in the log that I'd never seen
before, but this was because I didn't have a "sakai" directory. (I was using
a security directory for the database and other configuration) These went
away when this directory was created.

Source:  sakai-src-2.6.2.zip
Compiled with java 1.6.0_17 and deployed/started as a service under empty
tomcat 5.5.27 + iis connector. Connected to empty database in mysql 5.1.31.
Logged in and clicked around, no issues noted that haven't already been
reported in previous installs. [3]

[1] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-16426
[2]
http://n2.nabble.com/Sakai-Demo-2-5-2-is-not-creating-logs-tt723055.html#a723255