[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 2.8 Beta 1 Ready.

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Thu Dec 2 03:29:54 PST 2010

Hi fellow hard workers,

As Anthony Whyte recently announced Sakai 2.8 beta 1 is ready for testing.

Thank you's first

I would like to thank  Marist, QA leads, QA admins, Unicon, Longsight,  and the cast marked on the testers wall for their persistent and important efforts during the alpha 3 testing period.

The last two weeks

Basic security tests, some minor functional testing, a baseline stress test on the Columbia QA server, cleaning up of code via static code review and code eyeballing took place.

 Now that we have hit beta, the code needs a significant surge of Functional testing.

QA testers

Please start testing. qa1-nl is already up and other servers will soon follow. The most up to date server information can be found at: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/QA+Servers+-+Sakai+2.8

For example for Qa1-nl you will see that:
- DB always dropped
- Condition release,recaptcha, shorturls enabled

If you have not already done so:

1) Sign up on the testers wall: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/QA+Testers+Wall
2) Mark an area you are interested to test at: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/2.8.0+Changes
3) Contact me if you have questions.

QA server Admins

Please bring up the new tag and denote on confluence http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/QA+Servers+-+Sakai+2.8

Thanks everyone,

Happy bug hunting / Administration/ Code reviewing etc :)

Alan

Alan Berg
QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance