[WG: Sakai QA] sakai-2.8.0-b01 tag available

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Dec 1 16:54:08 PST 2010

The sakai-2.8.0-b01 beta tag is now available.  QA admins supporting the 2.8 release should provision their servers with the new tag at their earliest convenience.

BETA STATUS

We are done with alpha tags per the approval of QA.  The sakai-2.8.0-b01 tag is feature complete as well as code complete but NOT production ready.  Assume that blocker/critical bugs exist and that work centered around defect reduction, i18n, accessibility, conversion scripts and documentation remains incomplete.

Working definitions
1.  Alpha = unstable, data loss possible, features fluid (e.g., lags in approving new capabilities possible), static code reviews, automated testing
2.  Beta = feature complete, code complete (bug fixes permitted), usability and performance testing commence
3.  RC = ready for release, no blocker/critical bugs

FUNCTIONAL TESTERS NEEDED

Concerns exist regarding the availability of 2.8 functional testing resources, the lack of which could jeopardize our release schedule which currently aims to get sakai-2.8.0 Community release into the hands of deployers by March 2011.  If you can help test please contact Alan Berg at A.M.Berg at uva.nl.

TAG

svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.8.0-b01/

*Demo also starts up (mvn -Ppack-demo install)

TAG INFO (Indie versions, 2.8 team leads).

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/sakai-2.8.0-b01

JIRA RELEASE NOTES

sakai-2.8.0-b01: hhttp://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10010&version=12134
basiclti-1.3.0-b01: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10530&version=12144