[WG: Sakai QA] sakai-trunk-qa branch update

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Sep 23 19:27:01 PDT 2009

created a branch of Sakai trunk code named sakai-trunk-qa.  The branch
is intended to facilitate "look ahead" testing of Sakai trunk code
taken at a specific point in its revision history coupled with
additional capabilities that may well be included in future Sakai 2.x
releases.  For this incarnation of the branch, I have added a new
binding to a refactored message forums tool that represents the
collaborative work of several schools.  This binding represents yet
another step away from our historically monolithic release process and
as with the kernel presents an opportunity for the message forums team
to harmonize their releases not only with Sakai in general but with
the natural rhythms of their own project.  At this point sakai-trunk-
qa binds to a snapshot version of message forums (1.5-SNAPSHOT) and
the usual warnings regarding code instability apply.

Additional capabilities will be added in the coming days and the
branch will be refreshed regularly.  If you follow my tweets (arwhyte)
you'll have some idea of what may follow.  However, sakai-trunk-qa is
not intended as a substitute for our classic *.x maintenance branches
from which formal Sakai .0 releases are eventually cut.  Rather, it's
purpose is both experimental and evaluative.

Perhaps I should have named the branch "trunk-plus"-- an easy enough
moniker to comprehend and one that might have saved you the trouble of
having to peruse the above paragraphs.

The branch is ready for check out and deployment by QA server admins
who plan to support it.

Cheers,

Anth

sakai-trunk-qa (based on trunk r66770)