[WG: Sakai QA] QA servers and Config Viewer/Editor

Pete Peterson plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 16 10:16:23 PDT 2009

Hi Jean Francois,

Thanks for the feedback and ideas...replies inline...

I like the idea of the viewer being turned on, but I am concerned with the state and stability of the code.

> I now think it might be a good idea to also include Config Editor to be
> able to alter the default QA configuration to test such issues that
> depends on certain values in sakai.properties. This may be the case
> with
> SAK-16317, haven't checked the default QA configuration.

I have to disagree with putting the Config Editor on the QA servers. In addition to the state and stability of the code, but I think it is not advisable to allow configuration changes on the fly like this. In the past we have asked the QA admins to make these changes and I think this is appropriate. I hope that I can confirm the stability of the viewer though, because I think seeing the exact configurations would be very helpful.

> It seems Config Viewer needs to be updated for 2.6 and it might also be
> the case for Config Editor. Should the Maintenance Team be involved in
> this or do we have volunteers right now?

Perhaps, but there are probably competing priorities for time. If they were to work on this I would like the viewer to be the priority.