[WG: Sakai QA] 2.6.1 update: artifacts and tag generated (artifact testing requested)

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Thu Oct 15 09:03:42 PDT 2009

I have generated the Sakai 2.6.1 release artifacts (demo, bin, src),
updated the maven2 repo with 2.6.1 artifacts and cut a 2.6.1 release
tag.  A bit of paperwork remains (Jira, release documentation, update
a couple of public-facing pages in Confluence and sakaiproject.org)
but the release I believe is ready for public consumption.

I would appreciate it if my Sakai comrades would grab the release
artifacts,  try them out and report back their findings.  I have
tested the 2.6.1 release tag and sakai-demo-2.6.1.tar.gz and sakai-
bin-2.6.1.tgz artifacts.  They all come alive in Tomcat.   I'd like
the entire set of artifacts tested by others to ensure that they work.

ARTIFACTS
Default release page (artifacts here): http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2s.6.1/

TAG
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.6.1/

ADDRESSED ISSUES
Note: the couple of "unresolved" issues are paperwork items and/or
require a 2.6.x merge

2.6.1 http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK/fixforversion/11484
K1 1.0.12

KNOWN ISSUES

SAK-17219: Conversion script for 2.6.1 is slow to run on large
assignment data sets and should be improved

Matt Jones reports that the "conversion for 2.6.1 on the
assignment_content table is inefficient, potentially locks tables and
does too many scans, especially if there are hundreds of thousands of
rows. I've rewritten it to be more efficient but this might not make
the 2.6.1 release."

I will add links to the updated conversion scripts to the 2.6.1
release page, Confluence 2.6 documentation, etc. when Matt commits his
changes to trunk and merges to 2.6.x.

RELEASE DATE

Friday, 15 October 2009

Cheers,