[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai QA] Code freeze exemption/2-7 merge request - Search

Berg, A.M. A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Wed Nov 25 05:20:08 PST 2009

Hi David,

>From the QA perspective:

(1) Seeing that we will only start testing properly from M2 the merge has no practical implications.
(2) While we should avoid unfreezing the freeze, exceptions can be entertained if third-party library updates include fixes that improve the quality of a Sakai release and do not disrupt the QA process.
(3) Upgrading libraries is normally a good idea in terms of quality

Therefore QA has no objections.

Alan

Alan Berg
Interim QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance
Group Education and Research Services
Central Computer Services
University of Amsterdam