[WG: Sakai QA] QA 2.7.0 Compatability list.

Berg, A.M. A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Thu Nov 19 10:03:24 PST 2009

Dear Management, QA and Dev list,

The QA process for 2.7 is starting and we need to pin down the server testing environments for this round.  The list below represents the consensus opinion of the release management WG.  Unless there is a reasoned opinion against these recommendations, for operational timing reasons we will test Sakai 2.7 as follows:

1. OS: contingent on stock of available QA servers (historically Solaris, Linux (RHEL, openSuse, Ubuntu, zLinux), Win 2008)

2. JVM: Java 1.6 compiled with compatibility flags as David Haines has suggested

See http://n2.nabble.com/WG-Sakai-QA-SAK-15874-Java-1-6-transition-td4026387.html
3. Servlet Containers: Tomcat: 5.5.28, Websphere 6.1

Note: Tomcat 5.5.27+ enforces strict quote escaping which creates issues for certain Sakai JSF-based tools (e.g. OSP).  We recommend that these issues be addressed in 2.7.0 so that deployers will not be required to modify their JVM settings with -Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false.

4. Databases: HSQLDB 1.8.0.7, MySQL 5.0, Oracle 9i and 10g, DB2 9.1

5. Browsers: latest versions of Firefox and IE (including the newest beta) and also IE 6 onwards

Alan

Alan Berg
Interim QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance
Group Education and Research Services
Central Computer Services
University of Amsterdam