[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 2.5.6 / 2.6.2 maintenance releases

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Nov 10 10:31:19 PST 2009

The Release Management Work Group has discussed issuing Sakai 2.5.6
and Sakai 2.6.2 maintenance releases during the first week of December
2009.  Both releases will be generated from a known revision point in
their respective maintenance branches as was done for 2.6.1.  We are
tracking issues targeted for 2.5.6 and 2.6.2 in Jira.  A list of the
current filters is available in the Release Management space in
Confluence.

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/CAH5Aw

You can also add these filters to your Jira dashboard by clicking
"Manage Filters", searching for desired filters (by title and/or
author) and adding them as a favorite.

If you are running either Sakai 2.5 or 2.6 in production and there
exist open issues that you would like to see included in either 2.5.6
or 2.6.2 or a future maintenance release please make your needs known
on the sakai-dev or QA lists or feel free to write me directly.  If
the issue has no associated Jira please file one.  While the Release
Management Work Group cannot guarantee that issue X or issue Y will be
addressed in a particular maintenance release we do work closely with
project teams to identify, triage and resolve issues targeted for
upcoming maintenance releases. Helping us to identify bugs that matter
to you will help us focus our energies on producing maintenance
releases that are relevant as well as timely.

Cheers

Anthony