[WG: Sakai QA] OpenID

Andrew Petro apetro at unicon.net
Mon Mar 30 09:29:16 PDT 2009

Matthew,

The QA list is probably the wrong place for this question, but it was an
interesting enough question that I felt compelled to answer it.

No, Sakai doesn't ship with any particular support for OpenId, but it
also doesn't need to, because Sakai ships with support for deferring to
the web container for authentication, so one might OpenId-enable Sakai
in a way quite similar to the way one CASifies it or Shibbolizes it --
by configuring it to defer to container authentication and then
installing the appropriate Apache module, for instance, a layer up.

And here's the KBA that says that, in the hopes that future seekers will
be slightly better off in finding this information:

http://www.unicon.net/node/1210

Andrew

PS: My understanding is that questions about using Sakai, such as this
question, are most welcome on the sakai-user@ email list.