[WG: Sakai QA] Important information about Sakai 2.6.0 and the rWiki tool

Pete Peterson plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 26 13:45:11 PDT 2009

Greetings Sakai Community,

We have been unable to resolve a number of issues with the 2.6 rwiki code, centered around the WYSIWYG editing capabilities and data loss under certain conditions.  At this point in the release cycle we are opting to replace it with the 2.5.x version of rwiki, making the necessary changes to make it compatible with the 2.6 codebase.  We are also re-applying some of the minor fixes and improvements intended for the 2.6 version of rwiki to the 2.5.x-based version (see SAK-15866<http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15866> for more details).

Summary

*         We have rolled the rwiki code back to the 2.5 version which has proven stable in many production instances.

*         Many of the updated rwiki features that are present in trunk/ the original 2.6 version, have been merged back into this version. Details of this effort can be viewed at SAK-15866<http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15866> (many thanks to Steve Swinsburg for his work on this issue).

*         This new hybrid-rwiki has been tested and seems to work as expected.

With regards to the WYSIWYG editing capabilities for rwiki scheduled for inclusion in  Sakai 2.6 (SAK-8535<http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-8535>), we will continue explore options for implementing such functionality at a later time.  This is an oft requested features, so if you are interested in helping us explore and implement possible solutions, please contact Peter Knoop<mailto:knoop at umich.edu>, Sakai Project Coordinator.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please send them to us by 3/31/2009.

Thank you for your time and support,

Pete Peterson
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu