[WG: Sakai QA] K1: upcoming sakai-kernel-1.0.4 release (feedback requested)

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Mar 25 15:02:45 PDT 2009

The K1 team plans to release Kernel (K1) 1.0.4 on Friday, 27 March
2009 in order to address a small set of issues prior to the release
of the next Sakai 2.6.0 tag (quite possibly sakai-2.6.0-rc01,
otherwise sakai-2.6.0-beta04).  If all goes well, the 1.0.4 release
will be the final K1 release before the advent of Sakai 2.6.0.  We
invite review and comment on the upcoming release including open
discussion of non-security-related issues that are currently not
targeted for 1.0.4.

We have begun the process of subjecting K1 code to FindBugs scrutiny;
issues generated by FindBugs are being addressed in trunk but in the
main have not been merged to the 1.0.x branch given that we are in
the final Sakai 2.6.0 testing phase.

K1 1.0.4 issues (fixed):

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/KNL/fixforversion/11428

Outstanding K1 issues

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
reset=true&mode=hide&pid=10410&resolution=-1&sorter/
field=updated&sorter/order=DESC

K1 Project

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Kernel+1+(K1)
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/KNL

K1 Team

The following community members currently comprise the K1 team.  If
you have experience working with Sakai core services and are
interested in either submitting patches or becoming an active K1
committer please contact me.  Joining the team requires approval by
the current membership but don't let that requirement prevent you
from expressing interest.

Ian Boston, Cambridge
Ray Davis, UC Berkeley
David Horwitz, UCT
Beth Kirschner, UMich
Stephen Marquard, UCT
Seth Theriault, Columbia
Anthony Whyte, Sakai Foundation/UMich

We plan on soliciting community feedback on all future non-security-
related releases.

Cheers,

Anthony