[WG: Sakai QA] 2.6.0 and 2.5.5 Status Update and Request

Pete Peterson plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 25 17:31:46 PDT 2009

Greetings,

We are in the final testing and documentation for the concurrent releases of 2.5.5 and 2.6.0. If all goes as planned we will be cutting the tags for these releases in the next couples of days. I would like to thank all of you who have taken the time to test and report and log bugs. We are still encouraging all spare eyes, mice and minds to exercise, confirm and add to the current set of results. Below you will see the links to release documentation, issue validation, and QA efforts.

LINKS

*         2.6.0<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/LADWAg> (Release Documentation)

o    Fixed Issues - Testing/Verification Matrix<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/2.6.0+Changes> (List of specific issues fixed/addressed in 2.5.5 and their verification status)

o    2.6.0-rc05 QA<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/2.6+QA+SUMMARY> (Regression, Smoke, and Sanity QA tests)

o    Test Servers<http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/Test+instances> (List of test servers for Sakai-2.6.0-rc05)

*         2.5.5<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/DOC/Sakai+2.5.5> (Release Documentation)

o    Fixed Issues - Testing/Verification Matrix<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/2.5.5+Release+-+QA+Checklist> (list of specific issues fixed/addressed in 2.5.5 and their verification status)

o    2.5.5-rc01 QA<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/QA+2.5.5-rc01+-+SUMMARY> (Regression, Smoke, and Sanity QA tests)

o    Test Server<http://qa5-us.sakaiproject.org/portal> (Test server for Sakai-2.5.5-rc01)

Thanks for all the help and support,

Pete Peterson
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu<mailto:plpeterson at ucdavis.edu>
Phone: 530.754-7259

Disclaimer: testing a release candidate can sometimes reveal new blockers and depending on the nature and severity we may need to adjust the schedule accordingly.  The final release may be delayed until these significant issues are resolved.