[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai-2.6.0-rc05 - UPDATE (15/June/09)

Pete Peterson plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 15 16:57:17 PDT 2009

Greetings everyone,

Once again let me thank everyone for their help and efforts in the Sakai 2.6.0 release. The release is drawing ever closer to fruition and the next tag, Sakai-2.6.0-rc05, promises to be the last tag before the final release. The tag should be cut early this week and loaded on the QA test servers shortly after.

As always, and especially in this final stage of release, we will be looking to the community (YOU) to help test and confirm the integrity of the final Sakai 2.6.0 release. Several institutions are in the process or have completed installations of the 2.6.0 code and their experiences, feedback and internal testing has been invaluable, but we still need your hands, mice and brains to assist with this final QA effort.

Please look for the formal email request for QA shortly following the tags release.

Related links

QA Checklist and Release Schedule

*         2.6.0 Release Changes - This site has the list of jiras related to new functionality and features in 2.6.0. testing results can be reviewed here as well.

Current 2.6.0 RC status follows below
=============================

Sakai 2.6.0 Tentative Schedule

*         2.6.0-rc05 - 15-19/June/09

~        Cut and available for QA and early adopters

~        Loaded on QA servers and update test servers<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/ZT8> page QA testing

~        List of updates in the rc05 release: http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK/fixforversion/11501

*         Final Release - mid-June - TENTATIVE

Disclaimer: testing a release candidate can sometimes reveal new blockers and depending on the nature and severity we may need to adjust the schedule accordingly.  The final release may be delayed until these significant issues are resolved.

Regards,

Pete Peterson
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu<mailto:plpeterson at ucdavis.edu>