[WG: Sakai QA] Sad news re. Steve Smail

Dunn, Jon William Butcher jwd at indiana.edu
Thu Dec 31 12:46:47 PST 2009

Dear Sakai community:

I am very sorry to have to relay the sad news that Steve Smail,
Programmer/Analyst in Library Information Technology at Indiana University,
passed away on Monday, December 28.

Steve was a generous and long-time member of the Sakai developer community,
and I know that many of you knew him through his work on the Sakaibrary
project, Citations Helper, and previous library resource integration
efforts, as well as through his regular attendance at Sakai conferences.

In lieu of flowers, Steve's family suggests donations to Hospice of
Bloomington Hospital
<http://www.bloomingtonhospital.org/doc/Page.asp?PageID=DOC000161>, the
Bloomington High School North Band program
<http://www.bhsnbands.com/donate.shtml>, or WonderLab
<http://www.wonderlab.org/membersndonors/donor.shtml>.

Jon

---
Jon Dunn
Associate Director for Technology
Indiana University Digital Library Program
IU Libraries / University Information Technology Services
jwd at indiana.edu
(812) 855-0953