[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 2.5.6: Jira review

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Mon Dec 14 14:41:26 PST 2009

I just spend some time cleaning up Jira issues with an eye towards the
2.5.6 release.  As a first pass I wanted to reconcile the Jira
"canned" 2.5.6. fix for version filter (n=114) against our 2.5.6
closed/merged filter (n=80 initially).  My first pass has narrowed the
gap; the difference between the two filters is 9: 114 vs 105.

Jira canned filter: 2.5.6 fix for version (n=114)
	http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK/fixforversion/11485

2.5.6 closed/merged issues (n = 105)
	http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12152

Jira's canned 2.5.6 filter includes all issues with a fix version of
2.5.6.  It also makes does not distinguish between resolved/closed
issues, a critical distinction for us since resolved issues are not
considered tested/verified (and thus, given current practice,
ineligible for *.x branch merges until closed properly).  That said,
before I release 2.5.6 these two filter result sets must match either
by getting the outliers closed/merged or bumped to the next
(tentative) release.

The current variance:

2.5.6 open issues (n=5)
	http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12155