[WG: Sakai QA] [Announcements] Forming the Sakai Maintenance Team

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Fri Dec 11 12:15:53 PST 2009

Anthony,

I just wanted to briefly thank you and all those individuals and
institutions who have been working on this plan and who are have committed
resources to this important effort.  The creation of maintenance teams of
this nature is a critical component to the new Sakai Development Process
that was introduced recently and I think will prove to be a major
facilitator of innovation in the product.

I am starting up conversations here at Marist about how we might
contribute to this effort, including how we might find ways to incorporate
some of our computer science graduate students into this effort (which I
recognize has may challenges associated with it given the production
nature of this work).  If others are interested in discussing a student
model I would be very interested in hearing from them.

Thanks, Josh

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron