[WG: Sakai QA] msgcntr-2.7.0-a01 released (trunk: svn update)

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Mon Dec 7 09:05:57 PST 2009

I've branched msgcntr trunk as msgcntr-2.7.x and released an alpha
version of Message Forums (msgcntr-2.7.0-a01) that will be deployed
with the upcoming sakai-2.7.0-M2 QA tag.

RELEASE IMPLICATIONS

Message Forums 2.7 is now feature frozen.  msgcntr trunk is versioned
as 2.8-SNAPSHOT and is now deployed with Sakai trunk.

sakai-2.7.0-M2 = msgcntr-2.7.0-a01 (forthcoming)
2.7.x = msgcntr-2.7.0-a01
trunk = msgcntr-2.8-SNAPSHOT

DEVELOPER IMPACT

A. Message Forums developers:

1. Perform a fresh checkout of msgcntr trunk in order to pick up
project folder name changes and Maven coordinate changes (e.g.
<artifactId> is now messageforums-[modulename]).

svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msgcntr/trunk/ msgcntr-trunk

2. Install msgcntr (2.8-SNAPSHOT) in your .m2 repo

cd msgcntr-trunk
mvn clean install

3. Update Sakai trunk:

cd sakai-src
svn update

B. Other trunk developers:

msgcntr is downloaded, installed and deployed to Tomcat when you
perform a regular Sakai build.  In order to pick up the latest msgcntr
version deployed with Sakai trunk, please perform an svn update to
pick up changes to the master, core-deploy and was poms.

1.  Update Sakai trunk:

cd sakai-src
svn update

TOMCAT

As always I recommend performing a build against a clean Tomcat.

CODE/ARTIFACT LOCATIONS

Tag:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msgcntr/tags/msgcntr-2.7.0-a01/

Branch: