[WG: Sakai QA] "Sakai001-Scheduled" Conference Bridge calendar was inadvertently deleted -- please reschedule your meetings

Pieter Hartsook hartsook at sakaifoundation.org
Wed Aug 26 15:14:16 PDT 2009

Dear Sakai Community,
Unfortunately, on Monday 8/24 around noon EDT the "Sakai001-Scheduled"
Conference Bridge calendar was inadvertently deleted by a Confluence user
who was updating scheduled events. Only the Sakai001 calendar was affected;
Sakai002, Sakai003, and others remain intact.

The Confluence support team has investigated the situation and it seems it
is not possible to restore the lost events from the Sakai001 calendar. At
this point the best we can do is request that users of
the "Sakai001-Scheduled" room re-enter their deleted events. We regret the
inconvenience.

In an effort to expedite recovery should this problem occur in the future,
we have begun to mirror all the Conference Bridge Schedules to Google
Calendar via the iCal subscription mechanism.

Lastly, although Confluence is a wiki, it is not possible to roll-back
changes made to entire calendars. So, please be careful with the Delete link
when editing a calendar to ensure that you are deleting individual events
when necessary, not entire calendars!

Confluence Support Team