[WG: Sakai QA] 2.5.5-beta01 - QA Request
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 23 18:06:08 PDT 2009
The 2.5.5-beta01 tag has been released and is installed on http://qa5-us.sakaiproject.org/portal, so the QA-pond is ready for fishing.
QA Checklist and Release Schedule
* 2.5.5 Release - QA Checklist<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/2.5.5+Release+-+QA+Checklist> - This site has the list of jiras updated in this release. In addition to general regression testing emphasis should be focused on confirming these jiras.
* Sakai 2.5.5 Maintenance Release<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Sakai+2.5.5+Maintenance+Release> - this page shows the status of the release and related links to documentation.
Things to remember
* Sakai Jira Guidelines<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/MGT/Sakai+Jira+Guidelines> - good information on all Sakai reporting including QA
* When you confirm the jiras you will need to change the 2.5.x status to "Closed". Doing this allows the issues to display correctly in the 2.5.4 filters.
* Report findings on the confluence reporting pages. Brief and clear is perfect, with a reference to the jira or module as needed, e.g.; SAK-XXXXX verified.
* If you come across a "new" bug do the following:
o Search jira for an existing or similar bug
o Create a new jira entry for the bug
o Annotate the confluence page to reflect your findings
QA Reporting Lexicon (new)
I would like to suggest adopting a standard lexicon of QA terms to be used in jiras and when report results. The following are suggested terminology and definitions:
* QA SUMMARY - summary of testing plan, OS tested, instance tested on, browser, etc.
* QA RESULTS - detailed results on the testing
* QA UFO - Unexpected Functional Oddity: strange anomalies that are not bugs, but perhaps should be addressed or investigated
* QA VERIFIED - Issues is verified and passes QA, comments
* QA UNVERIFIED -could not verify because it is not testable or failed QA, comments
* Sakai QA Network qa5-us (svn tags/sakai-2.6.0-rc01) using Oracle - Built: 12/23/08 22:18 - Sakai sakai-2.6.0-rc01 - Server: tartar, QS: MS Vista, Browser: Firefox and IE7
* Fix performed as expected...
* Passed QA testing
Happy QAing and thank you all in advance for your efforts,
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu<mailto:plpeterson at ucdavis.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sakai-qa