[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai-2.6.0-rc01 - Release - Update - 22-Apr-2009

Pete Peterson plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 22 19:10:27 PDT 2009

Greetings QA'ers, Developers and all ,

2.6.0 Release Information

*         The 2.6.0-rc01 tag has been cut and is currently being installed on the QA instances<http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/Test+instances>.

*         This release includes over 700 bug fixes and many enhancements, see Sakai 2.6 Overview<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Sakai+2.6+Overview> for more information.

QA Admins- URGENT

*         The sakai-2.6.0-RC01 QA tag has been cut and is ready for deployment on the QA Servers.

*         Update the QA instances<http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/Test+instances> as soon as possible.

QA TESTING - URGENT, please update the QA pages and jiras with your results!

*         Make sure the test server (QA servers<http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/Test+instances>) you are using is running the most current release; 2.6.0-rc01.

*         Many of you have been testing and reporting your results on the confluence page http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/2.6.0+Changes. I would encourage you to use this page again for these final tests as well. I would like to ask everyone to run through their some of their tests again if possible looking for leeks (bugs and anomalies that may have eluded our QA thus far).

*         Report any new blockers via jira ASAP.

Release SCHEDULE
Detailed release schedule is available at http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Sakai+2.6; a brief summary follows:

*                    4/22:  2.6.0-RC01 tag is cut and available for QA and early adopters

*         4/22-4/30:  QA testing and documentation

*                    4/30:  2.6.0 Final Release

Thanks in advance for all the help, effort and support,

Pete Peterson, aka P^2
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Phone: +1-530-754-7259