[WG: Sakai QA] 2.6.0 Release Update - 4/18/09

Pete Peterson plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Sun Apr 19 00:02:31 PDT 2009

Greetings Sakai colleagues,

I am please to let you know that we are in the process of resolving the last couple of the blockers for Sakai 2.6.0-RC01, and hope to cut the tag Monday, April 20th, 2009.

This release includes over 300 bug fixes and many enhancements, see Sakai 2.6 Overview<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Sakai+2.6+Overview> for more information.

Release Schedule: detailed release schedule is available at http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Sakai+2.6; a brief summary follows:

*                    4/20:  2.6.0-RC01 tag is cut and available for QA and early adopters

*         4/20-4/29:  QA testing and documentation

*                    4/30:  2.6.0 Final Release

Upon the release of 2.6.0-RC01 and installation on the QA servers we will be focusing on final QA and the release documentation. I will be sending out an formal request for QA resources once the tag is released, so if you are interested helping with QA or have any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Pete Peterson
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu<mailto:plpeterson at ucdavis.edu>