[WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] KNL-155/SAK-16036/SAK-800: Resources archive filehandling issues

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Apr 17 14:26:05 PDT 2009

I'm also on the side of commenting it rather than providing a
property. It seems like this could be done by 2.6.1 but not by the
first 2.6.0. The stack trace in dropbox, the permissions issue and the
stack dumps that should throw error messages to logs with no response
to the user were 3 functional ones. Beyond that since it isn't
performance tested and it has large delays in certain conditions we'd
probably still need a property that could limit its availability.

Something like
#Turn off the option
resources.option.zip=false
#Everyone can use the option
resources.option.zip=true
#Only people with maintain role can use the option
resources.option.zip=maintain

Since we are pushing for a release soon, this idea wouldn't be
resolved in the very near term if I were working on it.

I'm +1 for commenting it now, and I'm also +1 for improving it and
adding it as an property eventually (as I also patch it in
occasionally, but only on a development server)

Since it looks like you've decided to property it, I'd still make this
clear in sakai.properties (if you decide to even put it in there and
make it public) that this feature does have known bugs and we
recommend that it be left disabled at present time.

-Matthew