[sakai-pmc] Sakai 11 Tech Assistance Needed > Lessons Enhancement Project (LEaP)

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Fri Oct 3 13:52:58 PDT 2014

PMC Colleagues,

The Lessons Enhancement Project, which we are now referring to as LEaP,
had its kick-off call on September 22nd and is now underway.  You can get
a project status update at
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Lessons+Enhancement+Project
which includes a link to a community survey (http://goo.gl/ZpDlb0) that
was jointly developed with the Teaching and Learning Group.  Please feel
free to take the short survey or distribute it to others in your
organization.

During our discussions this week with the UX Designer and his colleagues
from Espress Labs, who are copied on this email as well, two questions
came up which relate to some changes that I understand will likely be part
of Sakai 11.  I'm hoping that folks from the PMC can take a moment to
provide some feedback to help ensure our LEaP work will be compatible with
this release.  It would also be helpful if there was a Sakai 11 dev
environment that we could access, might that be possible (CHUCK > I
noticed that EDUCAUSE that you had one running, might that be an option?)

QUESTION #1 > There has been talk about removing iFrames from Sakai 11, is
that still in the plans and is there more information on it someplace?  If
not, is there a PMC member who can provide more details?

QUESTION #2 > My understanding is that Sakai 11 should include the
"Morpheus" work that NYU has done that will allow Sakai to support a fully
responsive design, does this remain part of the plans and, if so, are
there more details about this?   Also, I understand that this will *not*
create responsive designs at the "tool level", is that correct? If so, are
there thoughts around how Morpheus might be used to create responsive
designs at the tool level?

Please be sure to copy the Espress Lab staff on any answers.

Thanks, Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College