[sakai-pmc] Decommission Collab server?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Jun 10 08:42:45 PDT 2014

We have to continue to run Jenkins though at least the support period for
the 2.9 release so I'd say for another year. If Jenkins stopped building
artifacts for 2.9 then because of the indies and core deploy, various local
builds would (and do) fail once sonatype removes the snapshots (usually
after a few weeks).

Once 11 is out and we are no longer supporting 2.9 we could safely retire
both Jenkins and Mailman, if Google groups provides a good option for
mailman. All of the archives are available as flat html files, and are also
indexed in nabble and gmane anyway.

I'd say get it for one more year and plan to end these services in summer
2015.

I think there is still value in having Jenkins do periodic compiles of the
full Sakai tree, but I think whenever we get new nightlies setup (probably
on EC2 or digitalocean), that a new process that is tied into that will
exist.