[sakai-pmc] Sakai 10 online help documentation update

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Feb 28 06:06:03 PST 2014

[sakai-docs and sakai-pmc]

Hi All,

You might remember that we are doing a pilot of Screensteps.com for
collaborating on the production of Sakai 10 online help documentation,
which will then be pulled into the existing and familiar Sakai context
sensitive online help tool. The first step is content creation and this
part is going extremely well. Wilma Hodges is leading the documentation
team which is on track to complete the content by March 14. Kudos to our
documentation team!

In the near future, probably after March 14, we will make the online
documentation site open for anyone to see and comment on. If you would
like to take a look now, please let me know and I can set you up with a
Reader account. A Reader account is exactly what it sounds like, you are
able to read and review, but not author, documents. AFAIK we have no
limit on the number of Reader accounts.

I'll be checking soon with our international community if anybody is
interested in doing a translation.

Here are the detailed statistics on the state of completion of the Sakai
10 Instructor and Student Guides.

246 total articles
136 approved
19 need review
6 need update
85 need content

As an added bonus, Janice Smith had existing documentation for OSP which
she was able to copy and paste in to a separate document.

Cheers,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin